The Grinch Who Stole Festivus
EX3 – The Grinch Who Stole Festivus
A combo of Festivus and the Grinch Who Stole Xmas.
- The Airing of Grievances – PC should look to each other’s hindrances
- Feats of Strength – must defeat host family in combat (all non-lethal – just run as normal). But they do have to pin Frank at the end of the combat.
- Need to play up the annoying Castanza family – special powers
- The Festivus Pole was stolen by the Grinch – a nasty-ass troll with his killer reindeer
Plot (if you can call it that)
- Notice check in a random level of CG reveals a secret door to a small alcove. There is a pedestal with a small crystal dome. Looking inside the crystal reveals a small village – the people in the village move about and a light snow falls.
- There is no trap – the snow globe itself is the “trap” – touching it in any way, even with an object, triggers a blinding flash that brings people into the village.
- The village is preparing for Festivus.
- After the first two events, the pole is discovered missing. This is important as no holiday wish will be granted. This is key for the PCs – they will be trapped here forever!
- They track the thief to a nearby cave
- Battle the troll, put up the pole!
- Frank Stanza
- “I was born in Ytali. I has always irked me that I could not become Mayor because if it”
- “Tranquility Now!” Spirit check or sit down and rest for a round
- Phobia – mice
- George Stanza
- Works in Import/Export
- Affinity for bathrooms
- Was to be married, but his wife die during wedding preparations.
- Brilliant, in a weaselly way (gets a free attempt Trick each round)
- Estelle Stanza
- Sleeps in separate beds due to her “jimmy-arms” – during combat, auto hit nearest person with a jimmy arm – str + d4 damage + normal action
- Steals Festivus pole (and all the town’s present’s/decorations) during the festivities
- His main power is the ability to summon other Christmas Villains once per round plus a tough old bird (basically a Troll).
- Bumble – Henchman with 3 wounds (no wild die)
- Heat Miser – Henchman – wild die only – fire trappings
- Forst Miser – Henchman – wild die only – cold trappings
- Summon as needed to make the encounter challenging.
- Be sure to recite a stanza of “Your a Mean One, Mr Grinch” after the Grinch’s action
- The Bro
- Festivus Pole – acts as Rope Trick – but must do Airing of Grievances to enter, Test of Strength to get out.